Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reflection

I cannot believe how much I have learned, discovered, written and thought about in only 8 days!  I had so much to process about the last two weeks that I needed to split up the "categories" in order to really think through what I did and learned during SI.  At the same time, if Prezi would have allowed me to, I would have made this document there; I do not believe there are boundary lines created by these pages between the "categories" and that what I learned in one affects the others.  I used the "categories" for thinking purposes only and because that is what the blog platform allows for.  That being said, there are some repetitions in the different posts and the reader is encouraged to think of this as overflow between "categories".

Also, because there is so much information, for those of you who don't have time to read a reflection the length of War and Peace, I'd recommend just picking a page and reading that.

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your insight! You really got me thinking these past two weeks about what a group of people can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment you said identities deepen--a light bulb went off in my head. It was a powerful moment for me. Another was reading your graphic piece about becoming the writer you are--the echo of other stories, the humor, the insight were very interesting to me. Thanks for keeping us honest and here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! You are gonna become super blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose to post on your inquiry as a developing writer:) Please read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan the time we spent collaborating was one of my highlights for the SI! I am amazed at the writer you are, and I do consider you an expert! Your expertise rests in your willingness to dialogue within and share that conversation with outsiders. This blog just sums up what I experienced you go through first-hand. Continue to wrestle and I hope that you create an environment in your studio that allows your students the opportunity to inquire, revision, identify, and confirm who they are as writers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,

    I'm responding to your post about teacher as professional as it really resonated with the development I experienced as well. I really liked the way that you described us as giving each other voice through retweeting each other or opening up a world of possibilities through conversation.

    I, too, am interested in modeling. I feel that it might be a way to give ourselves "voice" in the classroom--not the big, booming teacher voice, but the voice of an actual participant who has something at stake within the writing classroom as well.

    I'm really stoked about the way we as a community of professionals are going to revolt and actually DO something about the things we don't like.

    Thanks for being a great thinking partner MANY times. :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete